Modular Centrifugal Feeder Systems
Hoosier Feeder Company’s revolutionary Modular Centrifugal Feeder is a game changer in the feeder industry, allowing an individual parts feeder system to be changed over to accommodate different parts.
Traditional Feeders Require Large Capital Investments
Historically, parts feeder systems have been constructed to oriented specific parts and have not been very flexible. As a result, companies have had to invest in a completely new feed system every time they needed to adapt to product changes. This has resulted in increased capital investment required to develop new products. In addition, more time has been required for workers on the production floor to understand and be trained on new processes resulting from feeder assembly line changes.
Modular System Can be Adapted for Different Parts
Hoosier Feeder Company’s patented design for a precision manufactured, modular centrifugal feeder base unit allows one unit to feed practically any product. The new design took a rigid centrifugal tooling frame and split it into modular tooling segments. By locating the segment plates using precision pins, tooling sets can be easily changed over to feed and orient completely different products. The result is a modular centrifugal feeder (or modular rotary feeder) that saves the retooling time and expenses required when a manufacturer needs to bring a new product to market. The modular feeder can also be converted to feed an entirely different part family by simply switching out 4 segmented tooling sections.
Modular System Provides Long –Term Savings
Overall, the new modular feeder system reduces costs, helps bring new products to market faster, and allows change-over without the need for factory skilled labor. There are many industrial applications for the feeder, including packaging lines, inspection systems, contract manufacturers, plastic injection molding, and much more.
More Modular Centrifugal Feeder Photos
Features and Benefits
- Our centrifugal feeders produce high feed rates which increases productivitynd reduced part cont
- Different size parts in the same “family” can be automated for no touch changeover between part sizes
- Feeder system can be converted to feed a completely different part family by switching out 4 segmented tooling sections
- Segment plates are positively located using common dowels which requires minimal amount of tooling knowledge to complete the tool less changeover
- Tooling standardization across all lines
- Permits retooling the unit and developing new technology off site for future projects without removing the feeder from the manufacturing operation
- Permits common start-up simultaneously at various plant locations
- Modular platform can be easily adapted to existing units