Maintaining your equipment is critical to your conveyor system and your overall parts handling system's long term performance. Read below for your belt tracking instructions. And if you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.
- Run the bottom bearings out until the belt is snug. (About 4” of threaded rod should be showing)
- Start conveyor at a very slow speed.
- If the belt rubs at the bottom, adjust the nut on the bottom bearing (if the belt rubs on the right side slightly loosen the bearing on the right side).
- If the belt rubs at the top on the right side, loosen the bearing on the same side and move it up approx. 1/8”
- Continue to run the elevator for a period of 10 minutes to be sure the belt is tracking properly.
- Once the belt is snug, it will be more beneficial to adjust belt at the top of the elevator on the side opposite of the motor.
- If the belt rubs on one side the top adjuster needs to be tightened by 1/8” increments. The belt must be allowed to run for a period of time as it only takes small adjustments to change the tracking of the belt a lot.